Wednesday 6 March 2019

My 117 Year Old School

          This year, we had our Foundation Day or more known as High School Day last March 1 and 2. This is in celebration of the school's founding anniversary. Remembering everything that our school had went through, our school, Ilocos Sur National High School is now sanding tall, aiming high, soaring, and flying.

           Weeks before the said event, everyone was busy preparing. The students, teachers, everyone. Evryone was excited about what was going to happen. You can see batallions of students here and there, getting ready for their field demonstration. You can see students in high cut shoes, wearing fatigue uniforms, preparing for their drills. You can also see teachers getting frustrated, you can see the school principal talking to student who are not wearing their ID and many more. I am telling you, the school was completely busy. Saturday night, as I was scrolling through my twitter account, I saw a thread by a teacher, also from my school. The thread was all about Foundation Day. I read that and it changed all of my thoughts about High School Day. Days have passed, and the day that everyone was waiting for has finally arrived and I am sure, students just came for compliance, not to have fun. As expected, same practices and routines back when I was in Grade 7 was still observed. I was not surprised at all because I had a new idea, I was influenced by a better and wider perception of what that day was supposed to be. And I thought, there should be unity, we are in the same school, and we should move as one. If all voices were heard, then the game should have been twisted into a more fun and exciting one. But nonetheless, since I am an officer of our school's CAT-1 Unit, I had a part on the Arrival of Honors, and that made me satisfied because many of our senior officers did not have the same experience that we had. And overall, to be honest, that Foundation Day was not the best but definitely not the worst.

           I learned a lot from what happened. All that I can say is that, we should never be afraid to voice out our concerns specially if we know that it is for the betterment of the body. I really hope that next Foundation Day, everything will be really amazing. I came, I struggled, but in the end, I conquered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PREECLAMPSIA: A Serious Complication of Pregnancy

    Preeclampsia is a complication of pregnancy that causes excessive increase in high blood pressure, and high levels of protein in the uri...